Three-year-old boy dies following crash in Watton
- Credit: Archant
A three-year-old boy has died following a crash in Watton, near Thetford, this afternoon.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance’s Anglia One was scrambled after reports a toddler had received a serious head injury in a road crash in Norwich Road, near to the junction of Blenheim Way about 2.30pm.
Dr Gemma Mullen and critical-care paramedic Gary Steward treated a young boy who was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
A Norfolk police spokesman added: “The three-year-old suffered serious injuries and was taken by air ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where he received treatment but sadly died later this evening.
“Norwich Road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident and an area in Adland Drive was also sealed off while police carried out enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
“Norwich Road was re-opened shortly before 5pm.
“Anyone who witnessed the incident should contact the serious collision investigation team on 101.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 8 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 9 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks