Suffolk waves goodbye to warm weather as thunder and lightning forecast
- Credit: peter cutts
After enjoying one of the hottest Easter weekends on record, Suffolk looks set for a wet few days ahead with thunder and even lightning on the cards.
Thousands hit the seaside resorts this weekend to bask in the hot weather, but sadly the blue skies are not here to stay just yet.
Today looks set to be a wet day with temperatures dropping to a maximum of 18C, with the air feeling much cooler than recent days.
Fred Best, a weather forecaster at Weatherquest predicts a dry start to the day, but by mid-morning showers will creep in from the south of the county.
He said: “By 10am we are predicting it to be much cloudier and even the heavy odd rumble of thunder in the west of the county.
You may also want to watch:
“The showers should clear off in the afternoon and Suffolk will be drier, but there is still a chance of the odd heavy shower further west.”
By the end of the afternoon it will feel much cooler as the showers will pass and temperatures will be a maximum of 13C to 14C.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 5 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 6 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 7 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 10 Officers making 'significant progress' in Victoria Hall murder case
According to Mr Best, tomorrow will continue to be unsettled with showers again coming from the south.
He continued: “There will be scattered and heavy showers with the potential for thunder and odd lightning strikes.”
Tomorrow’s temperatures will be even cooler than today – with highs predicted of 12C.