Thunderstorms start to blight region – send us your photos
- Credit: Nigel Pepper
Thunderstorms have started to hit the region tonight amid warnings of heavy rain and lightning.
It comes after the Met Office this morning issued a yellow weather warning for Suffolk and Essex, forecasting “severe but isolated” thunderstorms.
The warning is set to remain in place until 9am tomorrow.
The Met Office reported that an area of warm, very humid air is expected to move northwards across France and in to southern Britain.
It said there is a potential for 20mm to 30mm of rain falling within an hour in parts across the country.
You may also want to watch:
Phil Garner, forecaster at East Anglian-based Weatherquest, added: “Any activity is likely to be fairly isolated.”
Send us your photos of the thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow morning to email@example.com.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 9 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered