Thurston: Chemical tanker goes up in flames
FIREFIGHTERS are tackling a blaze which engulfed a lorry at a Suffolk farm.
The fire broke out shortly before 7.40pm at Woodend Green Farm in Hollow Lane, Thurston.
A crew from Bury St Edmunds fire station were alerted and at around 7.55pm called for backup after they discovered the tanker was carrying chemicals.
Crew from Bury, Newmarket, Haverhill, Holbrook, Stowmarket, Needham Market and Ixworth are at the scene helping to fight the fire.
The trailer contained 1,000 litres of liquid ammonium nitrate.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters battled the flames and extinguished the blaze by 9.05pm.
A spokesman for the fire brigade said the chemicals were not involved in the fire.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 10 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence