Thurston Community College will close at 11am today due to boiler failure
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A school near Bury St Edmunds has been forced into an emergency closure on the last day of term due to a boiler failure.
Thurston Community College will close today at 11am today and the closure will apply to both the main school campus and the Thurston Sixth campus at Beyton.
The school said the boiler failure is on the Thurston campus but it was necessary to close both sites due to transport organisation.
Helen Wilson, principal, said on the school’s website: “With regret we have made the decision to close the college at 11am today.
“This will apply to both the main school campus, Thurston, and Thurston Sixth: Beyton campus. This is due to a boiler failure on the Thurston campus. It is necessary to close both campuses due to transport organisation.
You may also want to watch:
“Please ensure your emergency college closure arrangements are in place for your child/ren. All school buses will operate from 11am.
“We advise all students to use their time at home productively. Students can access a multitude of learning resources via the network login on the college website, using their normal network username and password.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 4 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 7 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 8 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 9 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents
- 10 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
“I would be most grateful for your support in reinforcing with your child the need to work hard during their time at home.”