Tickets sell fast for Chili Peppers gig
MORE than 14,000 tickets for the eagerly-anticipated Red Hot Chili Peppers gig in Ipswich were snapped up in the first day of sales.Fans of the American quartet quickly booked up places for the concert, at Ipswich Town's Portman Road stadium on June 30, after tickets went on general sale yesterday morning.
MORE than 14,000 tickets for the eagerly-anticipated Red Hot Chili Peppers gig in Ipswich were snapped up in the first day of sales.
Fans of the American quartet quickly booked up places for the concert, at Ipswich Town's Portman Road stadium on June 30, after tickets went on general sale yesterday morning.
Terry Baxter, club spokesman, said: “It's one of the quickest selling concerts we've held.
“We were always confident the Red Hot Chili Peppers, being a world renowned group, would create significant interest and that has proved to be the case.”
You may also want to watch:
The American quartet confirmed the concert date on Monday and follow the likes of Elton John, REM and Neil Diamond in performing at the football ground.
After kicking off their tour in Suffolk, they will play at Reading's Madejski Stadium, Derby's Pride Park and the Don Valley Stadium in Sheffield.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 7 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
They will also appear at the MEN Arena in Manchester and Earls Court in London.
Famous for hits including Under The Bridge, Give It Away and By The Way, the Red Hot Chili Peppers have developed a massive following since forming while at school.
Although there have been several line-up changes over the years, they have gone on to notch up global album sales of more than 29million.