Tim Passmore praises Suffolk’s response to Beast from the East
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner Tim Passmore has praised the efforts of emergency services, public sector workers and charities during the recent snowfall.
Mr Passmore was addressing Suffolk County Council’s Police and Crime Panel on Friday where he said people had done a “fantastic job” during the ‘Beast from the East’ in tackling the weather and responding to emergencies.
“I think the council did a fantastic job – from what I have seen and heard that was good,” he said.
“I think the voluntary sector did a fantastic job.”
It is understood a report is being prepared to review the response of the public sector, such as gritting teams, and emergency services in dealing with the adverse weather, which is likely to be published in time for any lessons to be learnt before the winter.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Passmore added that there was “always room for improvement”.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 6 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 8 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 9 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 10 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood