Plans for new Timpson pod at Ipswich ASDA submitted
- Credit: Archant
A new Timpson retail pod could be built next to ASDA in Ipswich, if plans are approved by council officers.
Plans for the new pod have been submitted by the store, in Goddard Road, to Ipswich Borough Council.
They aim to create the new freestanding building next to the car park on the north-east side of the store, close to the main car park.
If approved, the new store will be the fourth Timpson in Ipswich, adding to premises in The Walk and Tavern Street in the town centre - as well as inside Tesco Extra at the Copdock Interchange.
The small pod would only measure 62 sq metres but would offer a range of services including key cutting, sign personalisation and shoe care.
You may also want to watch:
Currently at the site is a petrol station and a McDonald's drive-through restaurant on the site.
The plans have been submitted to Ipswich Borough Council and officers will now review the designs before deciding to approve or reject them.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 6 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 9 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill
- 10 Matchday Live: Town unchanged as owner Johnson watches on