Man injured as he tried to stop people breaking into his car in Essex
- Credit: Archant
Essex police have appealed for witnesses after a man was injured trying to stop car thieves shortly before midnight on Friday.
They made the appeal after a man was assaulted in Maldon Road, Tiptree, at around 11.40pm on October 12.
Police received reports that a man was injured after disturbing two people whom he suspected of trying to break in to his vehicle.
The man suffered a serious arm injury, and has pain and discomfort to his left side after being struck numerous times with a wooden item by up to four people.
The suspects left the scene in the direction of The Ship pub in what has been described as a dark coloured car.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who has information, CCTV or dash cam footage is asked to call Colchester CID on 101 quoting incident 1574 of 13/10.
Witnesses can also report information online or calling Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 6 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain