Tiptree man caught driving 84mph in 30mph zone pretended it was a relative behind the wheel
- Credit: Clifford Hicks
A man who tried to lie his way out of trouble after being caught speeding in Stanway has been disqualified from driving.
Serbjit Bdesha, 48, of Anchor Road, Tiptree, was recorded driving his Mercedes C250 84mph in a 30mph zone in London Road on Wednesday, February 8.
After first claiming the person driving the car was one of his relatives from India, Bdesha later gave up the ghost and admitted to the offence.
Appearing at Colchester Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, October 5, Bdesha was banned from driving for 40 days, fined £500 and was ordered to pay £90 court costs and £50 victim surcharge.
Investigating officer Roy Keyes, of Essex Police’s casualty reduction team, said: “Bdesha was found to be almost three times over the speed limit in a residential street. He put himself and other people at risk and then pretended that a family member who had left the country was in fact driving the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
“Bdesha thought he could trick police, he was wrong, and he has been disqualified from driving and fined.”
- 1 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 2 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 3 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 4 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 5 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 6 Matchday Live: Live updates as Town take on Cambridge
- 7 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial