TIPTREE: Teenage schoolgirl robbed by two men
A TEENAGE girl was robbed by two men as she walked home from school, police have said.
The victim, who was in her school uniform, was approached by the thugs in Grove Road, Tiptree, at about 3.35pm on Wednesday April 27.
One of the men grabbed the girl’s arms and pulled them behind her back while the other man took her handbag and emptied the contents on the ground.
They asked her if she had any money and she said no. The second man then released her arms while the first removed her school blazer and shook it. They then ran off empty-handed.
Pc Jo Worrow said: “I would like to urge anyone who may have any information in relation to this incident, no matter how insignificant they feel it may be, to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
“This is an awful crime whereby two men, complete strangers to the victim, approached a teenage girl, who was in her school uniform, in an attempt to steal from her.”
One of the men has been described as white, aged 35, with dark shaven hair. He was of medium build, about 5ft 8ins tall and clean shaven. He was wearing a red short sleeved t-shirt and grey jogging bottoms.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 5 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 9 Comedian Jack Whitehall visits Suffolk's 'most incredible' Wilderness Reserve
- 10 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
The other man was white, aged 35, of chubby build with long, messy light-brown hair and light-brown stubble on his face.
Anyone with information should contact Pc Worrow at Clacton CID on 0300 333 4444.