Tiptree: Two people in hospital with serious neck and back injuries after multi-vehicle collision
- Credit: Archant
Two people are in hospital with suffered serious neck and back injuries following a collision involving three vehicles.
Police, firefighters and paramedics were sent to the junction of Braxted Park Road and Maldon Road in Great Braxted near Tiptree at about 5.15pm today.
An Essex Police spokesman said one car was on its roof and two people sustained “serious but not life-threatening” neck and back injuries following the incident which involved a van and two cars.
The cars involved were a Skoda Octavia and a Toyota Celica. The driver of the van did not sustain any injuries, the spokesman added.
Police sealed off the area while fire crews from Tiptree and Coggeshall attempted to free people from the vehicles.
The two motorists were taken to hospital, believed to be Broomfield Hospital, the spokesman added.
The road had reopened by 7.50pm.
- 1 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 2 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 3 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 4 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 5 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 6 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 7 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 8 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 9 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
- 10 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening