Two women arrested after ‘cowardly’ attack on 90-year-old
- Credit: Archant
A 90-year-old woman was injured after two women forced their way into her home in Tiptree.
Two women, aged 32 and 56, have been arrested in connection with the incident.
Essex Police received reports that two women had forced their way into an address in Station Road at around 8.30pm on Thursday, December 12.
The 90-year-old victim suffered cut hands in what police described as a "nasty and cowardly attack".
A 32-year-old woman from Tiptree was arrested yesterday (Saturday, Decmber 14) on suspicion of theft, burglary and possession of Class A drugs.
A 56-year-old woman also from the village was arrested on suspicion on theft, burglary and aggravated vehicle taking.
You may also want to watch:
They both remain in custody.
- 1 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 2 A12 closed following serious collision
- 3 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 10 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station