Toddler cut free from A14 crash
THREE people, including a two-year-old child are recovering today following a serious crash on the A14.
A MOTHER and baby are recovering this morning after a serious two car crash on the A14.
Emergency services were called to the Ipswich bound carriageway near to the Nacton slip-road after a green Saab Convertible and a red Dodge Caliber collided at 6.30pm last night.
The crash left one of the cars overturned in a ditch and the other blocking the road.
You may also want to watch:
Two people were trapped inside their vehicle and had to be cut free by firefighters who took the roof off.
Four ambulances were called to take three people to Ipswich Hospital but a doctor at the scene said they were not believed to be seriously hurt.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Busy high street taped off by police
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
A mother and baby in the Dodge were among those involved and are believed to have remarkably escaped with only minor injuries.
Long tailbacks of traffic built up around the area, with motorists being diverted off the A14 at the Seven Hills interchange to go through Ipswich or off the A12.
Queues also built up on the A14 westbound at the Levington turn off after two vehicles crashed.
Nobody was hurt in the incident but one of the vehicles was badly damaged.
At 7.49pm two vehicles collided on the B1456 at Chelmondiston.
Three people were treated for injuries at the scene, with one lady complaining of chest pains.
Drivers also faced disruption on the A11 at Barton Mills, near Mildenhall, after a crash between two vehicles at 8.06pm.
No-one was injured in the incident.