Toddler cut free from A14 crash
THREE people, including a two-year-old child are recovering today following a serious crash on the A14.
A MOTHER and baby are recovering this morning after a serious two car crash on the A14.
Emergency services were called to the Ipswich bound carriageway near to the Nacton slip-road after a green Saab Convertible and a red Dodge Caliber collided at 6.30pm last night.
The crash left one of the cars overturned in a ditch and the other blocking the road.
Two people were trapped inside their vehicle and had to be cut free by firefighters who took the roof off.
Four ambulances were called to take three people to Ipswich Hospital but a doctor at the scene said they were not believed to be seriously hurt.
- 1 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 2 Firefighters tackle large blaze near Suffolk recycling centre
- 3 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 4 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 5 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
- 6 Popular carnival's firework display cancelled
- 7 Road closed as emergency services called to single-vehicle crash
- 8 Fire crews extinguish large playing field fire in Suffolk village
- 9 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 10 Suffolk letting agent admits swindling customers out of £80,000
A mother and baby in the Dodge were among those involved and are believed to have remarkably escaped with only minor injuries.
Long tailbacks of traffic built up around the area, with motorists being diverted off the A14 at the Seven Hills interchange to go through Ipswich or off the A12.
Queues also built up on the A14 westbound at the Levington turn off after two vehicles crashed.
Nobody was hurt in the incident but one of the vehicles was badly damaged.
At 7.49pm two vehicles collided on the B1456 at Chelmondiston.
Three people were treated for injuries at the scene, with one lady complaining of chest pains.
Drivers also faced disruption on the A11 at Barton Mills, near Mildenhall, after a crash between two vehicles at 8.06pm.
No-one was injured in the incident.