Tolleshunt D’Arcy: Man dies following crash in village
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after being airlifted to hospital following a two-vehicle crash in north-east Essex.
Thomas Payne, of Beckingham Road, Tolleshunt D’Arcy, was today provisionally named by Essex Police as the man who died in the accident on the same street in the village at 7.30am yesterday.
The driver of a grey Mazda 2 involved in a collision with a grey Ford Focus was airlifted to Royal London Hospital after sustaining serious injuries.
A force spokesman said he died in hospital today.
He said the identification of Mr Payne, 22, will be confirmed at the opening of an inquest due to be held next week.
You may also want to watch:
The Ford Focus driver, a 23-year-old man also from the Maldon area, was uninjured, the spokesman added.
Anyone with information in connection with this road crash is urged to contact Essex Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 01245 240590.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 7 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 10 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains