Sir Tom Jones revealed as Newmarket Nights headliner
- Credit: Tom Dymond
Sir Tom Jones is the latest star to be unveiled as a headline act for this summer’s Newmarket Nights concerts.
The 'Delilah' singer takes to the stage on July 24 and joins Alfie Boe, The Script, Bryan Ferry, Rick Astley and Jack Savoretti as top billing for a series of shows set to rock the racecourse over the summer.
Sir Tom's career has spanned over half a century, and has seen him win many accolades including a BRIT Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music and a Silver Clef Award for Lifetime Achievement.
The Welshman was knighted by the Queen in 2006, has amassed 36 top 40 UK hits and will celebrate his 80th birthday in June.
He is also a judge on ITV talent show the Voice.
There is one more headline act to be announced to complete the line up for Newmarket Nights.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the show go on sale on Friday, January 31, at 8am.
The Jockey Club also have pre-sale tickets available from Wednesday, January 29, at 8am, for those signed up to their mailing list.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 8 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 9 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
- 10 Bill Turnbull announces leave from Classic FM show for health reasons