Ton-up drivers caught travelling at 116mph and 120mph on Suffolk roads
- Credit: citizenside.com
Two motorists caught travelling at 116mph and 120mph in Suffolk face an anxious wait to see if they will lose their licences.
Stefan Giovannini and Simon Taylor admitted the offences when their cases came before South East Suffolk Magistrates Court in Ipswich during separate hearings.
Giovannini, of Parsonage Lane, Tendring, near Clacton, was recorded at driving at 116mph on the A12 at Washbrook, near Ipswich.
The offence occurred shortly before 9.10pm on October 31.
The 25-year-old was driving a Honda Civic at the time.
Giovannini’s case was adjourned by the magistrates in order for him to make any representations to the court before any penalty is imposed.
His next hearing is due to take place before Ipswich magistrates on December 19.
- 1 'It's a contractual issue' - McKenna explains Simpson recall
- 2 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 3 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 4 'It was worth it!' - Town co-owner has a celebration scar
- 5 'I lost my patience... that's how I roll' - Holt apology for 'derogatory' Morsy comments
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 Stu says: Seven observations following Wimbledon win
- 8 'I'm almost getting fed goals on a plate... there's no better feeling' - Town match-winner Burns loving life at Ipswich
- 9 'We were harshly beaten' - Dons boss on Town defeat
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich players performed in their 2-0 Wimbledon win
Taylor, of Kings Down, Hitchin, Hertfordshire, was clocked driving at 120mph on the A14 at Newmarket.
The offence happened just before 2.40pm on April 12.
At the time Taylor was at the wheel of a Renault Scenic.
The 40-year-old’s case was adjourned until January 13 to give Taylor time to appear in person prior to magistrates deciding any penalty.