Top boy band to star at Newmarket
CHART-topping boy band Blue are among the list of premier acts lined up for one of the region's most popular music events.The group, which smashed its way into the top 40 with hits such as Guilty, All Rise, and One Love, will headline this year's Newmarket Race Nights season on June 30.
CHART-topping boy band Blue are among the list of premier acts lined up for one of the region's most popular music events.
The group, which smashed its way into the top 40 with hits such as Guilty, All Rise, and One Love, will headline this year's Newmarket Race Nights season on June 30.
The band join a host of other top names signed up for the nights, including singing trio the Sugababes who kick off the ever-popular season on June 18.
Members of last year's televised talent show Fame Academy will appear on July 16, followed by racecourse regular Jools Holland and his Rhythm and Blues Orchestra on August 6.
The country's favourite Pop Idol Darius will also be making an appearance at the racecourse this summer when he joins the all-female group Girls Aloud for a double-billed night of entertainment on August 13.
Hopes of securing singing sensation Daniel Bedingfield were dashed earlier this year when he was involved in a car crash in New Zealand.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 3 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 4 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 5 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 6 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 7 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 8 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 9 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 10 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
Bedingfield who shot him to stardom as one of Britain's leading solo singers, is expected to stay with family in New Zealand for the next few months.
But organisers are still confident that the current line up of acts will be a massive draw for the race nights, which attracted 100,000 people last year.
Tickets will go on sale from Monday 5th April on 08707 200 201, or on-line from Monday 12th April at www.newmarketnights.co.uk.
n Suffolk rockers The Darkness will headline this year's Reading and Leeds Festivals.
The Lowestoft band, currently on tour in America, will play in Berkshire on August 27, followed by a show in Yorkshire the next day.
The festivals, which attract thousands of music-lovers every year, are among the highlights of the British musical calendar.