Recipe for success as students team up with top chefs
- Credit: Danny Hewitt
Culinary arts students at West Suffolk College have had cordon bleu advice from two of the region’s best.
Mr Bye said: "When I was approached by the college it was a no-brainer for me to get involved and to work with these students.
"Someone has to light a spark for the young people of today to be passionate about working in industry and I am privileged to have been asked to work with them - I think it is essential that we are supporting and helping to develop the young chefs of the future."
The chefs have strong working relationships with Edmunds restaurant and commented on how the college really have their fingers on the pulse when it comes to linking its students with the industry.
Pascal Canevet said: "It is so important we invest in our young talent of today and of course some of these students may end up being employees of ours in the future!
You may also want to watch:
"These young students bring an energy to the industry and we as chefs learn a lot from them - we all benefit from the collaboration and I am excited to see this develop more and more."
Claire Waterson, events coordinator for Edmunds, said: "It is fantastic for us to have both Lee and Pascal on board to work with our students.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
"The students get to learn from real industry leaders and the experience is invaluable to them, we work hard to provide our students with these industry connections so they can maximise opportunities for their futures."