Top comedian's one night stand in Essex
A NORTH Essex venue has scored a major booking coup by securing a warm-up performance by one of the country's top comedians.Transvestite comic Eddie Izzard – used to playing to audiences of thousands - will be appearing in front of just 300 people at the Colchester Arts Centre on July 8 before setting out on his 2003 World Tour.
A NORTH Essex venue has scored a major booking coup by securing a warm-up performance by one of the country's top comedians.
Transvestite comic Eddie Izzard – used to playing to audiences of thousands - will be appearing in front of just 300 people at the Colchester Arts Centre on July 8 before setting out on his 2003 World Tour.
But in order to stop fans from across the country snapping up all the tickets, special criteria have been put in place to obtain them.
In order to qualify for entry to the gig, people will have to turn up at the Arts Centre Box Office in person after booking opens at 12 noon on July 5.
You may also want to watch:
They will also have to produce two ticket stubs for Arts Centre events – past or future.
Only one ticket per person will be issued.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 8 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
A spokeswoman for the Arts Centre said that Mr Izzard had agreed to do the warm-up gig having played at the venue twice in the past, before he became the household name he is today.
"He doesn't do venues this small at all now. It is a very special warm up gig before he goes off down to Edinburgh.
"In choosing the Arts Centre as his venue, Colchester comedy fans have an extremely rare chance to catch this incredible performer in a smaller, more intimate setting."
Mr Izzard is famed for his surreal, onstage flights of comic fantasy which are often improvised.
He has made countless TV appearances and is cited as an inspiration for many of the country's new generation of comedians.
"If ever proof were needed of the arts Centre's Comedy Club's reputation for hosting tomorrow's big stars today, this is it," the spokeswoman said.
"Lovingly nurtured over the years, our boy's come back to show his appreciation."
Tickets for the event cost £10 and doors open at 8pm.