The top five stories to read today
- Credit: Nick Butcher
From a bid to see the latest Bond film shot here in Suffolk to ITFC’s potential new signings - here we bring you five must-read stories for this morning.
1 Could Danny Boyle’s new 007 film be ‘From Suffolk With Love?’Speculation is rising that the well known Oscar-winning film director, fresh from shooting the latest Richard Curtis-penned film in East Anglia this spring, will bring filming for the new Bond movie to the county too.
2 Mysterious thieves steal £18,000 food trailer“Devastated” young people in need have been left jobless after brazen thieves stole their food trailer.
The Mix Stowmarket bought the £18,000 trailer earlier this year to help plug a financial black hole when Mid Suffolk District Council cut £60,000 of funding.
3 New adventure golf park opens in SuffolkAn exciting new pirate themed adventure golf course has opened, why not take your children this summer?
Stonham Barns Golf Park, formally known as Stonham Golf Centre, has opened a brand new pirate-themed adventure golf course.
The exciting challenge, which is called Smugglers Bay, will see participants dodging volcanoes, navigating around water falls and avoiding shipwrecks.
4 Town to announce two new signings as Waghorn departs for Derby CountyIpswich Town will announce the double signing of Toto Nsiala and Jon Nolan from Shrewsbury today following the sale of Martyn Waghorn to Derby.
Waghorn joins the Rams for an initial £5 million, with the deal potentially reaching in the region of £7.5 million if add-ons relating to promotion, subsequent Premier League survival and personal performance are all met.
5 Spike in anti social behaviour at Crown PoolsAnti-social behaviour is on the rise at the popular pool during summer holiday
Council chiefs have seen a huge increase in visitors to Crown Pools so far this summer, and now bosses are working with police to address a number of issues flagged at the facility.
Problems reported include an increase in bad language and “inappropriate” behaviour in changing rooms.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 3 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 4 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 5 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 6 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 10 'If we're clever there's lots to learn' - McKenna on Town's Bolton lessons
Now people are being warned that if they fail to abide by the rules, they will be removed from the facility and banned.