Top five stories to read today
- Credit: Archant
From a body being identified in the River Gipping, in Ipswich to ITFC’s striker Kayden Jackson being excited to be playing alongside Janoi Donacien ahead of tonight’s Carabao Cup first round against Exeter City - here we bring you five must-read stories for this morning.
1 Suffolk police have identified the body of a man found in an Ipswich river.
Officers were called at around 10.30am yesterday to reports that a body had been discovered in the River Gipping near to London Road.
According to a police spokesman, the man’s body has now been identified and his next of kin informed.
2 Kayden Jackson is excited to be playing alongside “the best full-back in League Two last season” after being reunited with Janoi Donacien at Ipswich Town.
You may also want to watch:
Both players were part of the Accrington Stanley side which won the fourth-tier title last season and both could play for the Blues this evening when they take on Exeter in the Carabao Cup first round.
3 The swimming pool at Kingfisher Leisure Centre, in Sudbury, has closed due to a swimmer accidentally “pooping” in the water.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 8 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 9 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 10 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
It is set to reopen at 6.30am on Thursday, August 16.
“Our swimming pool is currently closed to the public due to an unknown swimmer accidentally “pooping” in the water,” the post reads.
4 From “Fame the Musical” to “Britain’s Got Talent” finalists Flawless, there is something for everyone this autumn at the Ipswich Regent.
With a jam-packed programme of musicals, comedy and music coming up, you’re be spoilt for choice at the Regent.
5 Colchester United, fresh from an encouraging start to the season, will be looking to end their recent woes in the (EFL) League Cup at the expense of first round hosts Cheltenham Town tonight.