Top wildlife spot among best in Britain
COLCHESTER: One of the region’s top wildlife attractions has been shortlisted among the best tourist spots in the country.
Colchester Zoo has been selected as one of nine locations to compete a nationwide competition, run by TV channel, Eden, which will crown “Eden’s Wildlife Attraction of the Year”.
The campaign will see a selection of the UK’s leading wildlife attractions competing for the title and Colchester Zoo wants your vote.
Zoological Director, Anthony Tropeano, said: “Colchester Zoo is quite unique. It is constantly changing and developing and is known for its modern, naturalistic enclosure designs and forward thinking approach.
“The constant programme of development means that it has been described as one of the finest zoos in Europe.
You may also want to watch:
“We’d very much like to see the hard work and dedication of all the staff at Colchester Zoo recognised in this prestigious award, so please vote for us.”
To cast your vote and for your chance to win a top animal experience go to www.exploreeden.co.uk/attraction2010. Voting closes on September 24.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 3 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 6 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 9 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 10 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive