Toppesfield: Second arrest made following fight in Green Man pub
- Credit: Archant
A second man has been arrested in relation to a fight at a pub in Toppesfield, near Halstead.
A 26-year-old man from the Halstead area has been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm (GBH) and bailed until June 9.
Police had already arrested a 35-year-old man from the Halstead area on suspicion of the same offence and bailed him until July 18.
The fight happened in a beer tent at the Green Man pub in Church Lane in the early hours of May 26 and involved a group of men.
A 39-year-old man from Halstead received serious fractures to his face and stayed in hospital overnight, but may require reconstructive surgery.
You may also want to watch:
Police are renewing their appeal for witnesses as there were many people in the beer tent that night who are yet to come forward.
Anyone with information should call Braintree CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue