TOWIE star Dan Osborne switches on Clacton Christmas lights
Hundreds of people packed into Clacton’s Town Square to watch the Christmas light switch-on.
TOWIE star Dan Osborne, who is appearing in the Beauty and the Beast pantomime at the town’s Princes Theatre, had the honours and was joined by the show’s cast.
The Clacton Town Partnership organised the event, which included live music, entertainment and a spectacular laser show.
The lasers, brought in from 300 miles away in Blackpool, replaced the usual fireworks.
A 30ft Christmas tree, gifted to Clacton by Prestec UK, burst into light as did 43 other smaller trees around the town centre as Dan pushed the button.
You may also want to watch:
“It was pretty cold up on the stage but the crowd were really loud and enthusiastic,” he said.
“I am looking forward to seeing them again over the next month when they come along to the panto.”
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
The whole event lasted from 4-6pm with the switch on taking place at 5pm.
Beauty and the Beast, a Polka Dot Pantomimes production, runs at the Tendring District Council-run Theatre from December 9 to January 1.
Tickets from the box office 01255 686633 or www.princestheatre.co.uk