Town claims place in the record books
WE DID IT!Ipswich went yo-yo crazy today and spun straight into the record books.Weeks of planning paid off as a throng gathered on the Cornhill to try and beat the record of having the highest number of people simultaneously yo-yoing for two minutes.
WE DID IT!
Ipswich went yo-yo crazy today and spun straight into the record books.
Weeks of planning paid off as a throng gathered on the Cornhill to try and beat the record of having the highest number of people simultaneously yo-yoing for two minutes.
It was touch and go for a moment after the harsh judging team deemed the first two attempts ineligible but the crowd held it together and produced the goods when it mattered.
You may also want to watch:
A total of 435 people broke the record on the final attempt - three more than the previous holders.
More than 630 people had registered to take part in the 'Spin' event organised by Ipswich Central, so some last-minute recruitment was required before the spinning could begin.
- 1 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 2 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 5 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 6 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 9 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 10 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
After the good news was confirmed by Guinness, Ipswich Central's Paul Clement said: “I'm absolutely exhausted. It's been five or six weeks of hard work leading up to this fantastic day.”