Town hit by flash floods
EMERGENCY services were inundated with calls as flash floods and hailstones battered Ipswich.Thunderstorms and several inches of rain fell across the town within a short space of time on Saturday.
By Danielle Nuttall
EMERGENCY services were inundated with calls as flash floods and hailstones battered Ipswich.
Thunderstorms and several inches of rain fell across the town within a short space of time on Saturday.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said it had received 15 reported incidents following the storms but mostly were automatic fire alarms.
You may also want to watch:
They did not receive any reports of homes or buildings being struck by lightning and the heavy rain is not believed to have caused any serious road accidents.
Suffolk Constabulary said it had received reports of flooding in several areas of Ipswich including Landseer Road, Duke Street, Stone Lodge Lane, and Wherstead Road.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 8 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
However, there were no long-term problems.