Traditional Easter fun and games on the estate at Ickworth House
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Chocolate lovers have been hunting high and low for their rewards at Ickworth House, near Bury St Edmunds, this week.
As well as the Easter egg hunts, the house has been offering taster archery sessions, suitable for all the family.
Sue Borges, from the National Trust property, said: “We have also had crafts and other Easter activities going on, Easter is a very traditional time for us at the estate.”
She admitted the weather had hindered them slightly this week but said they are still hoping for a bumper weekend.
“The weather has been fairly windy this week and we did have to restrict access to the park one day but we have still been getting a steady stream of people enjoying the trails.”
She added: “We do have the activities indoors and people are very supportive and generally turn up whatever the weather.”
Sue explained that Ickworth is popular with visitors from far and wide and said: “It is a real mix, I would say about half of our guests are from the local community and are regular visitors, and the other 50% are those from further afield who have made a specific journey to visit us or those who are holidaying nearby.”
- 1 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 2 Norwood holds talks with one of Town's fellow League One rivals
- 3 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 4 Investigations continuing after man suffers serious injuries in crash
- 5 See inside stunning £1.85M home with 'fabulous' outside pool and paddocks
- 6 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 7 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 8 Sone Aluko: 'No-one is hiding from the expectation'
- 9 Gameday: 'Great to be back!' Blue Army at Needham give their thoughts
- 10 Hunt continues for group of youths who pushed man to ground and stole bike
The Easter activities mark the start of a busy period for the heritage venue.
“It is the start of our main season, we have got the 95th rifles next weekend and regular activities throughout the summer,” said Sue.
For more Easter events, see here