Traffic chaos after A14 lorry smash
TRAFFIC was this morning brought to a standstill after two articulated lorries collided.Emergency service personnel were called to the scene of the crash on the A14 near Bury St Edmunds at 8.
TRAFFIC was this morning brought to a standstill after two articulated lorries collided.
Emergency service personnel were called to the scene of the crash on the A14 near Bury St Edmunds at 8.10am this morning
Fire fighters this morning had to cut out one of the drivers out of his cabin following the crash using specialist equipment, which happened between Bury and Rougham on the eastbound carriageway.
Suffolk Police this morning confirmed the accident involved two lorries one of which had ploughed through the central reservation.
You may also want to watch:
As a result, the police spokeswoman said, both the eastbound and westbound carriageways were closed.
Injuries sustained by the driver cut free by the fire service were not thought to be life threatening.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 3 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 4 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 7 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him