Traffic delays following crash on outskirts of Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Motorists heading into Ipswich were warned of delays following a collision on The Strand (B1456).
Police were called at 7.42am today with reports of a single vehicle collision on The Strand, underneath the Orwell Bridge.
A spokesperson for Suffolk police said traffic was building in both directions, but delays should have eased once the vehicle was cleared from the road.
The ambulance service was also called to the scene, following reports of neck pain from the driver of the vehicle.
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “An ambulance crew and RRV were dispatched and arrived at the scene of a road traffic collision on The Strand in Wherstead just after 7.45am on July 30.
You may also want to watch:
“A woman in her 20s was taken to Ipswich Hospital as a precaution but no injuries were reported.”
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 6 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 7 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 8 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 10 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game