Traffic: Delays on A12 and A14
As the rush hour gets underway motorists are being warned of delays on major routes through the county.
Traffic has slowed between junctions 54 for Sproughton Road and 53 Bury Road amidst reports that a person was throwing stones from a bridge over the busy dual carriageway. However, when police arrived at the scene shortly before 5pm there was no trace of the suspect.
One lane of the A12 is blocked at Wangford near Beccles due to a broken down vehicle. Drivers should expect delays.
Meanwhile, Upper Orwell Street in Ipswich remains closed in both directions between the B1075 Eagle Street and the A1156 St Helen’s Street.
The road has been closed off since Monday night when a fire broke out at St Michael’s Church.
You may also want to watch:
On the trains, there are minor disruptions on the Liverpool Street to Norwich line due to earlier signalling problems.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 9 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club