Traffic disruption due tonight
MOTORISTS travelling along Norwich Road in Ipswich tonight could run into traffic queues due to over-running repair work.Traffic disruption was caused earlier today due to the temporary traffic lights installed at the junction with Cromer Road.
MOTORISTS travelling along Norwich Road in Ipswich tonight could run into traffic queues due to over-running repair work.
Traffic disruption was caused earlier today due to the temporary traffic lights installed at the junction with Cromer Road.
EDF Energy Networks was working on repairs to a faulty underground cable over the weekend, which were due to be finished by yesterday evening. Traffic lights were installed to help ease traffic flow.
Although the actual repair work was completed on time, the new road layer needs to set and so the traffic lights will be staying in place until tonight.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for EDF Energy Networks said: “Work was completed as scheduled and the road has been permanently reinstated. “However, it has been necessary to keep the traffic lights in place today so the tarmac reinstatement can set. We anticipate that the road surface will be ready this evening, although this is likely to be after rush-hour traffic, which will enable us to remove the traffic lights. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.”
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 4 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 5 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 6 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 7 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 8 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 10 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'