Traffic held on A12 northbound after Colchester due to crash
- Credit: Archant
Traffic on the northbound A12 on the Essex and Suffolk border is being held due to an accident.
Suffolk roads police have halted traffic after reports of an overturned car.
Emergency services were called at around 9.40am to the incident.
Highways England tweeted that the incident is between junction 29-30, after Colchester and near Stratford St Mary
Junction 29 is the Ardleigh Crown Interchange linking with Ipswich Road into Colchester, while junction 30 serves Stratford St Mary.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police is also attending the incident.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokeswoman said details were still coming in, but initial reports suggested one lane may be re-opened around the scene.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 6 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 8 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
The AA traffic control centre reports queuing traffic back to the first Dedham turn-off on the northbound carriageway.
We will bring you more details as we get them.
Follow us on Twitter @EADT24 and @ipswichstar24 for the latest news as it happens for Suffolk and Essex.