Traffic lights to control strech of A12 for two days of repair work
Gas mains repairs this week will see traffic lights added a short stretch of the A12 in an east Suffolk village.
November 15 will see the start of two days of repairs to gas mains in Yoxford.
The mains needing to be repaired are very deep down meaning that excavations will need to take place to reach them.
As a result a small section of the A12 at the south end of the village will be closed.
Two way traffic lights will be in place during the works to keep the area safe.
You may also want to watch:
Cadent Network Supervisor Mark Howells said: “We will do all we can to complete the work as soon as possible including working extended hours.
“We’re sorry for any disruption this essential repair may cause however the work must be done to help ensure the local community keep on enjoying safe and reliable gas supplies for cooking and heating.”
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 8 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 9 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 10 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
Gas supplies in the area should not be affected by the repair work.