Traffic still slow after A14 crash
TRAFFIC has been halted on a stretch of the A14 following a multi-vehicle collision.
A POLICE car has been involved in a four-vehicle pile up in the A14 today.
A Nissan Micra car broke down on the Bury St Edmunds-bound stretch of the road near Needham Market at about 10am and the police car was sent to the scene to help.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said: “It appears the police car which was attending was hit by another vehicle and then hit the broken down vehicle.”
She added that the car which struck the police car was a silver BMW, and that another car, a Skoda Octavia, had also been involved in the collision.
You may also want to watch:
The accident caused traffic problems in the area, with one lane of the carriageway blocked until just after 1pm.
Paramedics treated one person for minor head injuries but they were not taken to hospital.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 3 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 10 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week