Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
- Credit: Google Maps
Two busy stretches of road are set to be temporarily closed to allow repairs to be carried out.
Motorists are being warned to expect delays next week as the A12 London Road and the A12 Bloodmoor Road in south Lowestoft are being closed overnight with traffic diverted.
Suffolk County Council's Highways team will be carrying out the works on the A12 London Road from Bloodmoor Road until the Tower Road southern roundabout and on the A12 Bloodmoor Road from the roundabout with Castleton Avenue until London Road.
The roads will be closed for "carriageway resurfacing" for four evenings from 7.30pm on Tuesday, March 2 until 5am the next day with works continuing overnight thereafter between 7.30pm and 5am until Saturday, March 6.
With both roads temporarily closed and traffic restrictions in place “delays are likely” while the work is carried out, according to the Suffolk Roadworks map.
You may also want to watch:
It states a diversion route of about 41.3km will be in operation throughout the course of the works running from the A12, A145, A146, A1145 and vice versa.
- 1 Suffolk Instagram star spreads body positivity for 'mid-size' girls through fashion
- 2 Former bakery goes up for sale after restaurant plans fall through
- 3 Suffolk events going ahead this summer which you can enjoy
- 4 A140 closed this weekend to connect road to new roundabout
- 5 Hair salon and cocktail bar opening new Suffolk site as demand 'goes bananas'
- 6 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 7 Murder probe launched after woman found dead at Ipswich flat
- 8 Covid patient admissions drop at Ipswich and Colchester hospitals
- 9 'I don't want to tarnish the good feelings I have with the fans' - Lambert on Celtic vacancy
- 10 Ex-Town star named as U's boss