Delays cleared after two-vehicle crash blocks A1071
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
The A1071 at Hintlesham has reopened following a two-vehicle crash which blocked the road this morning. .
Suffolk police said Thorpes Hill between the George Pub and Chattisham turnoff is now cleared following the collision.
The vehicles have now been recovered and traffic has returned to normal.
Police described the road conditions as "treacherous" and reminded people to only travel if making an essential journey.
Police were also called at 7.30am to a broken down lorry on the on-slip for the A14 at Newmarket.
The on-slip is down to one lane, but no issues have been reported.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 10 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published