Police close A1071 after serious accident near Hintlesham
- Credit: Staff
Police have closed the A1071 between Hintlesham and Hadleigh following a "serious" traffic accident involving a motorcycle and three cars.
Officers from Suffolk police were called to the scene of the crash, near Hintlesham Hall, shortly after 5.35pm alongside the ambulance service.
The crash was initially understood to have involved a motorcycle and a car, although a spokeswoman for Suffolk police has since said four vehicles were involved.
The spokeswoman described the crash as "serious" and confirmed the road will remain closed while enquiries take place.
No information regarding injuries has been confirmed.
Witnesses are asked to contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting CAD 288 of March 29.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 10 Woman found dead in country park is named