Stretch of A12 in Suffolk reopens following collision
A stretch of the A12 has reopened after being closed in both directions due to an overturned car.
Police, firefighters and the ambulance service were called to the scene near Saxmundham.
The road was closed in both directions following the crash between Yoxford and Kelsale.
Police were called to the scene by the ambulance service at 8.43am.
The crash involved a single vehicle, according to Suffolk Constabulary.
The extent of the female driver's injuries is not yet known, but they are not believed to be life-threatening or life-changing at this stage.
A recovery vehicle arrived at the scene at about 9.45am.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 9 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 10 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
The AA reported traffic delays of almost half an hour at one stage.
At 10.05am, Halesworth police confirmed announced Twitter that the road was re-opening.