Crash between car and lorry causes long delays on A12
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A crash between a car and a lorry is causing serious delays on the A12 at East Bergholt.
The incident, which took place on the southbound carriageway at junction 31, was first reported shortly before 6.30am today.
There are severe delays on the busy road in both directions following the crash.
Cars are queueing back to junction 32B, at the London Road turn off, on the southbound carriageway and there are increasing problems on the northbound highway as well.
Further delays are now being seen on the northbound carriageway after one lane was closed to allow for emergency repair to a man hole cover.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area while the incident is dealt with.
The road is not currently blocked and it is understood that the vehicles should be removed from the scene shortly.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 6 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 7 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 8 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 9 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 10 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR
There are not believed to be any serious injuries as a consequence of the crash.