Road closed after single-vehicle crash near Southwold
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
Drivers were asked to avoid the main road into Southwold from the A12, as emergency services attend to a single-vehicle crash.
Officers arrived at the scene of the crash on the A1095 Halesworth Road at about 1.30pm, near to the junction of the A12.
A spokesman for Suffolk police confirmed that one vehicle is involved but had no further details at that stage. But that part of the road was closed in both directions.
In a tweet, Halesworth police are asking drivers to avoid the area.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said: "Crews have been called to the crash to assist with the removal of one person from their vehicle."
Appliances from Southwold, Halesworth, Beccles and Lowestoft South were called to the scene.
The air ambulance had also been spotted in the area.
- 1 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 2 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 3 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 4 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 5 'The children were buzzing' - Ed Sheeran sends video to Suffolk school
- 6 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 7 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 8 Ranking every League One away kit from worst to first
- 9 Striker Jackson signs new Town deal
- 10 Green light for eight homes in Suffolk village after plans revised
The reopened as of 5pm on Sunday evening.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.