Person taken to hospital after two-vehicle crash on A12
- Credit: Google Maps
One person has been taken to hospital following a two-vehicle crash on the A12 near Bredfield.
Emergency services were called to the crash involving a car and a van in the southbound carriageway just after 12pm today, Friday, January 21.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said: “An ambulance and the Suffolk Accident Rescue Service attended a road traffic collision on the southbound A12 near Bredfield.
"A patient was transported to Ipswich Hospital for further assessment and treatment.”
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: "The road is not blocked as vehicles are off the road.
"One male driver appears to have sustained injuries, however they do not appear to be serious at this time."
Three fire crews have also been called to the crash.
- 1 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 2 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 3 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 4 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 5 Plans to explore Dutch-style cycling network in Suffolk town
- 6 'I like his profile' - McKenna looking forward to working with Ndaba
- 7 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 8 Indiana Jones-inspired metal detectorist finds £65k Roman hoard
- 9 Man exposes himself to two women on Thorpeness beach
- 10 'Bonne Mania' made us all smile... it faded but we'll always have the memories
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue spokesman said: "Crews have rescued a person from their vehicle."
Ambulance crews are also at the scene.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.