A14 reopens after crash leaves car on its roof
- Credit: SARS
Both lanes in the westbound direction of the A14 near Stowmarket have reopened following a crash where a vehicle ended up on its roof.
Emergency services were called to the crash in the westbound carriageway near Haughley just before 1.30pm today.
The westbound carriageway was closed for about an hour before one lane reopened, while the second lane was opened about three hours later.
A police spokesman said that both the eastbound and westbound carriageway were initially closed but the eastbound road has since reopened.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service previously said: "Crews are currently assisting other emergency services partners rescue one person from their vehicle which is currently on its roof."
The East of England Ambulance Service has been approached for a comment.
A Suffolk Accident Rescue Service (SARS) spokesman said a volunteer team was at the scene.
- 1 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 2 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 3 Thunderstorm warning issued for East of England
- 4 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 5 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 6 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 7 A14 lane closure in Bury St Edmunds after two-car crash
- 8 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 9 Dog walker in his 70s suffers cuts and bruises after attack in west Suffolk
- 10 Suffolk market town will lose its Post Office in June
The spokesman said: "The incident involved a single vehicle and occurred around 1.38pm near Haughley.
"The SARS team was the first medical resource on scene and assessed and treated a male patient who was later taken to hospital by land ambulance.
"His condition is not believed to be life-threatening."
Appliances from Princes Street, Stowmarket and Elmswell have been called to the crash.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.