Police close A14 after 'serious' accident
- Credit: Google Maps
Police have closed a stretch of the westbound A14 between Stowmarket and Needham Market following a serious crash.
Officers from Suffolk police and Highways England are currently at the scene of the crash, which has forced the closure of the carriageway between junctions 51 and 50.
It is understood the crash involved a lorry and a car just before 5am Friday, April 2.
A spokesman for Suffolk police confirmed the accident is "serious", but was unable to provide any further information at this time.
A tweet from Highways England said the closure is expected to last several hours.
Traffic is being diverted through Great Blakenham and Needham Market.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 10 Woman found dead in country park is named