Road closed as air ambulance called to serious crash off A14
- Credit: Archant/Google Maps
The air ambulance has been called to a serious crash involving two vehicles off the A14 in Stowupland.
Police, firefighters and ambulance service was called to the crash in Church Road at about 11.10am today.
A Suffolk police spokesman said: "One driver has suffered potentially serious leg injuries.
"Fire crews have been called to help with the extraction of one person from their vehicle.
"The air ambulance has been called and a full road closure is currently in place."
The driver was taken to West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds, a police spokesman later confirmed.
The other driver has been injured but the extent of their injuries are not known.
- 1 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 2 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 3 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 4 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 5 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 6 Plans to explore Dutch-style cycling network in Suffolk town
- 7 'Bonne Mania' made us all smile... it faded but we'll always have the memories
- 8 Gang who stole from Suffolk museum jailed for total of 74 years
- 9 Suspected speeder detained after car crashes into field
- 10 See inside this 'chocolate box' cottage up for sale for £435,000
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said crews are on scene and assisting with the removal of one person from their vehicle.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "We sent two ambulances, an ambulance officer and East Anglian Air Ambulance.
"One person was taken to West Suffolk Hospital by land ambulance for further care."
In a post on Facebook, Stowmarket police said: "We are currently at the scene of a collision in Church Road, Stowupland.
"The road may be closed for a while, and we are sending vehicles onto Thorney Green to bypass it, and the schools will need to be accessed from the other end."
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.