Traffic 'hell' as A140 closed for hours due to pub's damaged sign
A pub's damaged sign has caused "traffic hell" on Suffolk's A140 - after the road was closed for hours so it could be repaired.
The Magpie pub's sign hangs over the A140 in Stonham.
But landlord Viada Lapene found out on Tuesday that the sign was insecure and needed repairing.
As a result, the road has been closed between the Earl Stonham and Mickfield junctions since 8am today - to the frustration of motorists.
A long diversion has been set up for heavy goods vehicles - but the delays are also backing up onto the A14.
You may also want to watch:
Owner of Bagel or Beigel in Mendlesham, Avi Kniznik, who got stuck in the traffic, said: "It's hell."
He said traffic was moving at just 20mph along the A14.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 6 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 9 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 10 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
Nearby resident Anne Halls said she was worried the problems will cause traffic to back up on smaller countryside roads.
She added there was "not much you can do" and sad she felt sorry for those travelling to and from north Suffolk and onto Norwich.
Mrs Lapene said the Magpie will also be shut for a few days, potentially costing her business - especially during tonight's Euro 2020 semi-final between England and Denmark.