Motorcyclist injured in collision on A14 at Stowupland
- Credit: Staff
A motorcyclist was taken to hospital today (Wednesday, June 16) after a collision on the A14 at Stowupland.
Police were called just after 11.15am to the accident at the top of the eastbound slip road at the A1120 junction..
The air ambulance attended as a precaution, but the rider was ultimately taken to hospital by land ambulance, with injuries that are "not believed to be life-threatening or life-changing".
The entire eastbound carriageway was closed initially, before being reduced down to just lane one and the slip road, which both remained closed until 12.35pm. All roads are now clear.
A spokesperson for the East Anglian Ambulance Service NHS Trust said: "EEAST responded to an emergency call shortly before 11.20am regarding an incident on the A14, Stowmarket.
"We sent an ambulance and three rapid response cars to the scene. An East Anglian Air Ambulance also attended. We transported one patient to Ipswich Hospital for further care."
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival