Man flown to hospital after medical incident on busy town route
- Credit: Gareth Mayes
Multiple emergency crews descended on a busy route into Stowmarket town centre after a man suffered a medical emergency.
Police, ambulance crews and teams from the Essex & Herts Air Ambulance were called to the scene in Navigation Approach, opposite B&M, shortly before 12pm on Saturday.
Witnesses reported seeing the air ambulance land nearby and police blocked off a section of the road while emergency crews worked at the scene.
A spokesman for the Essex & Herts Air Ambulance confirmed it was called to help the East of England Ambulance Service and Suffolk police with a medical emergency involving a male patient.
He was transferred to a specialist hospital for ongoing treatment, the spokesman added.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police confirmed they were attending but said she was unable to provide further details because the ambulance service had taken charge of the incident.
Traffic was heavy in the area for around an hour while emergency crews worked at the scene but the road had cleared by approximately 1.30pm.
- 1 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 2 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 4 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 7 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 8 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 9 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'