Car fails to stop at scene after crash with 65-year-old cyclist
- Credit: CHARLOTTE BOND
A 65-year-old cyclist suffered minor injuries in a crash in Ardleigh, in which a car failed to stop at the scene.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision which happened at about 12.30pm on Wednesday, January 6, in Harwich Road near to the junction with Coggeshall Road.
The cyclist was riding a blue racing bike travelling towards Manningtree when the collision occurred. He was treated for minor injuries.
The car failed to stop at the scene and was last seen heading towards Colchester. It is not known which make and model is was.
Officers from Essex Police would like to speak to anyone who was in the area at the time and saw the collision, or the car shortly before it happened.
Witnesses and anyone with dash cam footage is asked to contact police quoting incident 414 of January 6.
You can submit a report online or use the 'Live Chat' button to speak to an online operator between 7am and 11pm.
Alternatively, you can call 101.
Information can also be given to independent charity Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111 or on its website.
- 1 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex
- 2 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 5 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 6 'Just the type of player we need' - Town fans react to signing rapid winger Thomas
- 7 Suffolk coronavirus vaccine concerns – your questions answered
- 8 Woman, 58, caught drink-driving twice in two months
- 9 Incredible home with unprecedented views and access to River Stour for sale
- 10 Reverend praises community spirit after church was targeted by gang of thieves