Car fails to stop at scene after crash with 65-year-old cyclist
- Credit: CHARLOTTE BOND
A 65-year-old cyclist suffered minor injuries in a crash in Ardleigh, in which a car failed to stop at the scene.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision which happened at about 12.30pm on Wednesday, January 6, in Harwich Road near to the junction with Coggeshall Road.
The cyclist was riding a blue racing bike travelling towards Manningtree when the collision occurred. He was treated for minor injuries.
The car failed to stop at the scene and was last seen heading towards Colchester. It is not known which make and model is was.
Officers from Essex Police would like to speak to anyone who was in the area at the time and saw the collision, or the car shortly before it happened.
Witnesses and anyone with dash cam footage is asked to contact police quoting incident 414 of January 6.
You can submit a report online or use the 'Live Chat' button to speak to an online operator between 7am and 11pm.
Alternatively, you can call 101.
Information can also be given to independent charity Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111 or on its website.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 9 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe