Calls for action to prevent regular flooding of busy road
- Credit: Carla King
More than 400 people have signed a petition calling for action over a stretch of road that regularly floods.
The B1119 between Leiston and Saxmundham is regularly flooded making it impassable for local traffic.
Residents say that the issue with the road is that is has not been sufficiently maintained and that as a result the drains fail to cope with heavy rainfall.
When this happens the road is unusable and drivers are forced onto more minor roads, despite it being busy.
The road flooded dramatically in early December when large amounts of rain and snow caused serious issues across the county.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk Highways said: "Members of the Suffolk Highways Team are due to visit this location on Friday, where they will review the site, determine the responsibility, and works required.
"As soon as we receive a report following the site visit, we will be able to provide further detail."
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 8 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 9 Military helicopter recovered after emergency landing in field