Calls for action to prevent regular flooding of busy road
- Credit: Carla King
More than 400 people have signed a petition calling for action over a stretch of road that regularly floods.
The B1119 between Leiston and Saxmundham is regularly flooded making it impassable for local traffic.
Residents say that the issue with the road is that is has not been sufficiently maintained and that as a result the drains fail to cope with heavy rainfall.
When this happens the road is unusable and drivers are forced onto more minor roads, despite it being busy.
The road flooded dramatically in early December when large amounts of rain and snow caused serious issues across the county.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk Highways said: "Members of the Suffolk Highways Team are due to visit this location on Friday, where they will review the site, determine the responsibility, and works required.
"As soon as we receive a report following the site visit, we will be able to provide further detail."
- 1 Group fined for travelling more than 10 miles to get a takeaway in lockdown
- 2 Tributes are paid to 'inspirational' teacher Gaynor Jacobs
- 3 'It's up to Marcus what he does' - Lambert reacts to Sunderland defeat
- 4 Senior Suffolk doctor admits to problems in local vaccine rollout
- 5 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 1-0 home loss to Sunderland
- 7 Large drop in coronavirus cases in Ipswich as county cases continue to fall
- 8 Development of 136 homes approved for rural village
- 9 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 10 First phase of new 2,000 home site approved